India is the land of cultural diversity of different traditions, customs, languages, places, etc. Every corner of India has a unique culturally rich heritage story to convey which makes it the ultimate tourist attraction around the world. From magnificent palaces to ancient temples, to stunning landscapes to exciting seas, India is truly blessed with natural beauty in abundance. The country is even blessed with different seasons that enhance its overall beauty. Every season has its significance and charm with its stunning attractions. For example, you can enjoy the spectacular view of snow-covered mountains in Kashmir during winter and in the rainy season your eyes will be blessed with the lush forest of Shimla or enjoy the backwater ride with breezing cool air in Kerala in summer, the list goes on like this. So, here we’ve compiled a list of the best places one can visit in India by season. Take a look.
This warm and cozy season falls between March and April. It starts after winter and lasts till summer. This could be the ideal time for traveling. Let’s look at the places where you can enjoy the spring seasons in India.
Best places in India to visit during Spring
Kerala – If you do not like crowdy places, Kerela should be on your list for this spring. From waterfalls, pristine beaches, coconut farms, and serene backwaters to breathtaking hill stations, Kerala has everything that will lift your mood this spring. Its ever-greenery terrain, rugged peaks, and wildlife sanctuaries are other iconic places to visit. A few of the most iconic places to visit in Kerala are, Wayanad, Munnar, Kovalam, Brahma Giri Forest, etc.
Other Nearest Destination of Kerala
- Cochin – This city flaunts one of the finest harbors in the world and it is the center of the world’s spice trade for many countries. Visiting this place in spring, you can experience its beautiful waterfalls, the famous kathakali dance, and many ancient places.
- Kumarakom – It would be a disgrace not to mention Kumarakom in your spring vacation. This place is popularly known for its backwater cruises and water boat rides. The coconut groves and rice fields are other honorable mentions. During spring this place will surely make you feel like you’re in heaven.
- Munnar – This hill station is known for its tea plantation and lush green forests. Munnar is also called the “Kashmir of South India” and is a popular honeymoon destination. This place is popular for its beautiful waterfalls such as the Atukkad waterfalls, Lakkam waterfalls, etc. Visit this place in spring to experience its divine beauty.
This sunny season starts in April and ends in June. Though the heat may be irritating many choose the summer season as ideal for vacation, especially to beaches and hill stations. Let’s see which are the suitable places in India to visit this summer.
Best places in India to visit During Summer
Kashmir– Kashmir is known for its snowy mountains, authentic Kashmiri delicacies, lakes, traditions, tea and river markets, and much more. The beauty of this city can’t be described in words. Summer is the ideal time to visit because the perfect balance between the snow in the mountains and the sun in the sky will make the weather suitable and captivating for all. While visiting Kashmir, do not miss out on visiting famous places like Gulmarg, Srinagar, Pahalgam, Doda, Sansar, and others.
Other Nearest Destinations of Kashmir
- Katra – Katra is one of the famous places to visit near Kashmir with a distance of two hours ride to reach your destination. This small village is located in the foothills of Trikuta mountain which is well known for its world-famous Vaishno Devi temple.
- Srinagar – Laced with beautiful green hills with colorful blossoming flowers, Srinagar is an eternal beauty. Surrounded by the sky-high Himalayas blanketed under snow, this place is truly surreal beauty. Visit this beautiful city in the summer to experience its breathtaking view.
- Kupwara – Kupwara is a small district which is located in the state of Kashmir and is known for its enchanting beauty. The thriving meadows from peaked mountains to lakes and waterfalls add to its beauty. So, make sure you have Kupwara on your bucket list.
- Monsoon (Rainy Season)
Falls in July and August, this season is undoubtedly the favorite of all. Traveling during this season can be tricky and uncomfortable, but it is the time when nature is in its best form and traveling in this season is best to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul.
Best places in India to visit During Monsoon
Mahabaleshwar – Situated in the western ghats, Mahabaleshwar is famous for its magnificent mountains and lush forests. Visiting in the rainy season is the ultimate blessing for the eyes because of its captivating valleys, waterfalls, and great architectural heritage. So, plan your trip to Mahabaleshwar this monsoon and do not miss out on visiting a few popular places like Lingamala falls, Elephant head Point, Pratapgard fort, Venna lake, etc.
Other Nearest Destinations of Mahabaleshwar
- Lonavala – The 3 hours journey from Mahabaleshwar, Lonavala is a famous destination, especially in monsoon. Surrounded by Sahyadri mountain, and waterfalls, Lonavla remains a pretty pleasant and dream destination for many, especially during the rainy season.
- Ajanta and Ellora caves – These caves are designated by UNESCO as a world heritage site and are popular among travelers worldwide. This is the perfect ancient place to visit where every monument is hand carved. The architectural design in these caves represents the amalgamation of three religions Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism.
- Panchgani – Panchgani is another famous tourist attraction and an iconic place to visit near Mahabaleshwar. This place is famous for its sunrise and sunset views and is perfect for your instagrammable clicks.
Autumn falls in September and October. Autumn is a favorite for many because of its crystal-clear sky and a pleasing combination of hot and humid weather. Let’s look at the places in India to visit during Autumn.
Best places in India to visit during Autumn
Kinnaur – Located in the corner of Himachal Pradesh, Kinnaur should be your one-stop destination for your Autumn vacation. By preserving its old tradition, Kinnaur is a today’s modernization that represents a beautiful blend of two religions Hinduism and Buddhism. Traveling during Autumn, you can experience its wonderful natural scenery all around.
But traveling to such remote places can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to deciding on routes, stays, flight bookings, and more. To help you save the maximum on your trip, we’ve got you covered with a range of popular flight coupons and discount codes, and great deals for your stays. So, before you continue reading further, do take a look at the offers, and plan your trip well.
Other Nearest Destinations of Kinnaur
- Shimla – Shimla is a beautiful hilly terrain covered with lush greenery all around. Visiting Shimla during Autumn, you can experience the sounds of chirping birds and the snow-covered hills and lush dense forests will surely make you indulge in its divine beauty.
- Kullu – Kullu is another destination that should be on your bucket list if you’re planning your trip to Kinnaur. The deep forests, rivers, and the heights of the greater Himalayas are few sights to behold.
- Bilaspur – This picture-perfect hill station is located in the middle of forest trails, and valleys of pine trees, which is famous for its mesmerizing architectural heritage sites that attract tourists from all over the world. This is also called mini-Switzerland. Since there is heavy snowfall to enjoy the most at Bilaspur in winter so, it is recommended to visit in Autumn.
Winter starts in October and lasts till February. Traveling during winter can be challenging and enjoyable at the same time. So, now let’s see which places in India are the best suitable to visit in Winter.
Best places in India to visit During Winter
Jaipur – The pink city is usually in high temperatures in summer so it is recommended to visit in Winter. The winters in Jaipur are one of the most delightful of all seasons. Be it an adventure, sightseeing, or spirituality, Jaipur is the ideal destination that draws tourists from all around the world. Make sure you try the authentic Rajasthani Cuisine and its famous markets which are for its handicraft items, clothing, etc.
Other Nearest Destinations of Jaipur
- Tonk – Tonk is a small town in Rajasthan which will be 90 km from Jaipur. It is also known as the “Lucknow of Rajasthan”. This place is ideal to see old mansions, mosques, and other historical places.
- Udaipur – Udaipur is said to be the romantic city of India and is even called the city of palaces. Explore the beautiful ancient palaces with their distinguished architectural design while enjoying the pleasing weather of Winter.
- Jodhpur – This city is commonly known as the blue city of India and is the largest in Rajasthan. From paragliding to visiting ancient forts and museums, Jodhpur is the one center attraction. So, plan your winter to explore this beautiful city.
India is unquestionably a melting pot of customs and civilizations and a popular travel destination. The beauty of this nation is enhanced by the many seasons, which add to its appeal and majesty. Depending on the right time of year, you can travel to various regions of India to experience its tranquility. India’s varied topography is genuinely blessed with a variety of weather, and for each section of the nation, each month brings something to look forward to. Therefore, it is advised that you travel during the appropriate season in order to fully enjoy every bit of your journey. Also, please feel free to write to us if there are any locations that come to mind that you believe we missed.